When you have decided to buy or sell a home, the services of a qualified real estate professional are very important. The ideal sales agent will have a good working knowledge of local real estate conditions, be prepared to deliver a high standard of service to customers, and have the support of a large real estate company. Most importantly, a good agent will save you time and money. Here are the advantages of working with a sales agent:
When buying a home:
- Agents are experienced negotiators who will manage your offers and counter-offers.
- An agent is familiar with the neighbourhood and can give you information on local real estate values, taxes, utility costs, services and amenities.
- An agent is familiar with the entire home purchasing process and can advise you of your legal and financial options as well as recommend home inspection and contracting services.
- An agent can pinpoint homes that fit your needs and dismiss those that do not, saving you time.
When selling a home:
- An agent knows real estate values in your neighbourhood and will help set a realistic and competitive price on your home.
- An agent will establish a marketing strategy for your home ensuring that your property is exposed to many potential buyers.
- An agent takes care of the many tasks involved in selling a house (from placing your listing to putting up the for sale sign). This ensures that you enjoy a smooth and professional transaction.
- An agent is an expert in the home selling process and as such will advise you of your rights, options and obligations.
- An agent is an experienced negotiator and will work for you to get the best price possible.